Saturday, April 15, 2017

Halfway There .... & Almost No One Knew!


Last week Chris and I announced our pregnancy on social media with a very touching video. Apparently the video even made some grown men cry. Our phones were off the hook with text messages and social media notifications. A lot of people were surprised. Especially people that would see me every week at work and had no idea that I was pregnant. We decided to keep the pregnancy between us, our families and a very small group of friends for almost six months. I never understood why people kept it super private until it was our time to create life. 

Being that this was an unexpected pregnancy and the first one for both, it took a lot for both of us to get used to the thought that from here on out, it was our duty to create a healthy little human. We were now in charge of another life. That's a lot of responsibility. It takes a lot to process this, and while getting used to it and ready for it, we didn't want any bad energy or the opinions of others involved. We also wanted to enjoy this moment. I am a strong believer that when something great is happening in your life, it's best to enjoy it first before you share it with others. Not saying that everyone is mean spirited, but there are a lot of people out there who act as if they are happy for you but secretly aren't and end up ruining the experience for you. Sucks, but its reality. I've learned that the hard way. 

I am grateful to experience this road to motherhood the way I have. I wouldn't have it any other way. I've learned a lot of lessons and have changed as a person tremendously. Just last year I did not imagine myself carrying a child. I had my mind set on adoption or making money so that I can afford a surrogate later on down the road, but The Universe/ God had different plans for me. I accepted those plans with open arms and have never been happier. We are thankful for all the love and positivity received as well. Thank you for  respecting our choice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment