Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Please, Don't Touch His Hands.



Picture this. You are taking a walk in the neighborhood and you run into a friend with their friend. The friend, whom you just met, reaches for your five month's old hand. What do you do? Awkward situation or nah? I despise awkward situations. My heart would beat at an abnormal rate every time someone attempted to touch Riley's hand because I did not want to deal with the awkward situation and I wanted to use physical force against them at the same time.

I would then pull the baby away and wipe their hands with a baby wipe. For the longest I did not want "to hurt anyone's feelings." Then recently I've had enough of  of the aloofness. I do not understand how people think it is OK to touch the hands of babies with their dirty hands.

I've had mothers of multiple children laugh at me and other new moms and tell us that  those are "1st time mom problems." In all honesty, I would deep down feel upset. It was not only "1st time mom problems" it was also knowing that the flu was kicking ass this season and people were dying. Especially babies. Imagine the thought of your child getting sick all because someone touched them with their dirty hands. Now what if your child got sick. YOU are the one that has to deal with it, while the person keeps living life with their dirty hands.

So I am here to tell those who walk around with their dirty or clean hands not to touch my baby or anyone's baby especially on their hands. Babies are constantly putting their hands in their mouths. And don't kiss them either. It is not ok. especially if you are a stranger. The parents have every right to slap you or snap at you . Well maybe not slap you but you get the point.

From the day we delivered its been our responsibility to keep this new human alive. Therefore no one has any say in how any parent chooses to be with their child. So what if some parents decide to have no visitors the first few days of their child's life (Boy did we get criticized for this lol) or to put their child in a bubble. That is perfectly fine. Respect their wishes and remember that if something happens to that child you aren't the one that is going to have to deal with it. Their parents do.


Parents. Here is a video of what to do when someone tries to touch your baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment